Everyone wants to know what to expect when they sign on for something as major as a website redesign. We get it. It can be a large commitment and a stressful process for a very significant part of your brand. Our job is to take as much of the stress out of that as possible, and maybe even make it enjoyable. So here’s what you can expect when you hire Secondhand Legends.
We build websites in 6 stages.
- Learning: We start by having a long conversation about your brand, your digital presence, your existing website, and what you want from the rebuild. This, even more than design and development, is the heart of our value. Every client is different and every business has distinct needs. Too many companies have websites that, even if they look good, don’t fill the needs of the company, and too many firms produce those kinds of sites. We make sure that every website we build is not just designed specially for the client, but is conceptualized for that client as well. So rather than just HAVING a web presence, you’ll have a web presence that fits your very specific needs.
- Wireframing: Once we’ve figured out what kind of website you need, and how digital fits into your organization, we start mapping out a structure for your site. What kind of pages does the site need? Where are the calls to action? What information needs to be given the most important positioning? What pages should link to others? By the time we’re done, you’ll have a complete site structure and workflow that speaks to the purpose of your website and fits perfectly into your digital strategy. This, along with step 1, is really the meat of any web design project, and it’s where most of the effort should go. Beware of anyone that skimps on these two steps.
- Design: Now the easy part. We’ll produce original designs for every type of page on your site. If you already have graphic elements like a logo, color scheme, or typography, that’s great. We’ll work those in. If you don’t, that’s no problem either. Secondhand Legends can handle all of your graphic design needs. We’ll provide you with multiple concepts for you to pick from. If you don’t like any of them, we’ll try again with your guidance. If you want to pick and choose from them, we’ll combine your needs and preferences and try again.
- Development: Now your job is done for now. With what we’ve learned about your organization and the designs and wireframes in hand, we set to work developing your site, while you sit back and watch. We’ll build your site on a separate development server (if you already have a live site) to minimize downtime. All of our sites are built for ease of use, speed and security.
- Testing: Once the site is built, we’ll subject it to rigorous testing, and we’ll invite you to do the same, to make sure everything is working just right before the site goes live.
- Deployment: Once you approve the final product, we’ll move the site to a production server. We offer hosting to everyone we do development for, but if you don’t use us, we’ll move the site to a server of your choice. We also offer various levels of ongoing support plans, but even if you don’t use one, we’ll be around to check in from time to time and answer questions you might have. We don’t work with people we don’t like, so you can call us like you would a friend.